
I realize that a lot of you have been in my house already...but I wanted to brag...just a little bit about my hubby!! This room was like a blank canvas when we bought this house...I mean just sheetrock walls! When he informed me that he was going to attempt doing the kitchen from start to finish, I about died!! Now...don't get me wrong, Dave really is one of the most talented people I have ever met! He is literally capable of anything...but I was skeptical still. Well...as you can see, the skepticism was all for not!! I think it's pretty safe to say that this is gorgeous! I do realize that it doesn't fit just anybody's taste...but you can't argue that he is amazing!!!! He walked through the front door with a pile of wood and turned it into this!! There is one part that isn't finished, and who knows when it ever will be! I don't know if you can see it, but the counter to the right has no granite...why you ask...we still haven't been able to match it and that's a lot harder than it sounds!!!!

We didn't want to pay for a slab, but wanted something that looked equally as nice, so Dave came up with the plan to do granite tops with a travertine bullnose that he sanded by hand to give it the rounded look! He designed the backsplash and all of the moldings as well. Sometimes I wonder if he really has a clue how multi~talented he is....as a matter of fact I know he doesn't... he's too modest! Anyway...I just wanted to brag for a minute and let Dave know(even though he will never read this and would be embarrassed if he did) that he's the best, and I continue to be amazed and dazzled by him!! Love ya babe!

This pic is just an honorable mention because it's my favorite room in the house!!haha
13 comments:
Dave is SO talented, and his modesty makes it even better! Good pictures too Tash! Way to keep the kitchen spotless long enough to take pictures! With four kids that's a talent in and of itself!!!
Great pics of your extra-clean beatiful kitchen! Dave is very talented...oh, and I do remember him saying that he would do my cabinets in our next house!! haha
You have a DISHWASHER??
No fair.
Beautiful kitchen Dave!
So I am a little jealous that when my husbands says that he will just do it himself, it doesn't turn out as beautiful as that!! Your kitchen looks awesome and I love all the intricate designs. I wonder what would happen if I let Jerry re-do our kitchen?!!
WOW! I am impressed! Definitely worth bragging about--especially to those of us who have never been in your awesome kitchen!! He makes my project of curtain-hanging-gone-bad look like nuthin'!
I am so glad you posted about your AWESOME kitchen. You know I totally love it! I want him to come design our kitchen. It needs some help.
I am continually amazed at Dave's ability to build and design things. He is great at it. I also loved the Armiore that he built, you just gave him a picture and he put it all together. Talented man!
WHY is your kitchen SO clean!!?? I love your house and you and Dave make the perfect match because he creates it and you decorate it. Those are two great skills!
You guys give me way too much credit...but I love it!!haha You're right...I'm so lucky to be married to such an amazing man...gotta love him!!
You have right to brag, I love your kitchen. The first time I was in there I just stood there and stared at all the detail and the beauty!! I love it did I say that all ready? Dave is very talented. I think we should all post pictures of our kitchens. Then we could vote for the ugliest kitchen. I'm sure mine would win!!! Then even better Dave could come give ideas on how to fix it!!
It's all beautiful. I would love to paint some rooms in my house but can't find the right colors yet. He did a great job! Congrats on everything.
It ain't bragging if it's true.
Loved your post, Tasha! We are constantly amazed with Dave's talents. Your kitchen is one of his many. We were at Lowe's a couple weeks ago with Bill and Francine. While they chose their new appliances, we looked at all the kitchens on display. None of them compared with yours even though they were beautiful!! Love ya, Mom and Dad
Love it! Good job dave for building and good job Tash for the decorating you are a talented couple
Post a Comment